A light and fragrant soup using seasonal vegetables and potatoes. Perfect for lunch or dinner starter during this hot summer
Season : Spring & Autumn
Prep time: 10-15 min
12 to 14 cauliflower florets
10 to 12 tenderstem broccoli
3 small jersey royal potato cubed
2 banana shallots chopped
2 Garlic cloves chopped
¼ tsp crushed fennel
½ tsp crushed cumin
1 green chilli (deseeded)
2 bay leaf
Salt to taste
6 Curry leaves
2 TBSP olive oil
1 tsp asafoetida
1.2 litre of vegetable stock
1 tsp freshly crushed black pepper
Red chilli chopped
Spring onion chopped
1 TBSP Tamarind sauce /lime juice
Roasted sunflower seeds
- Heat the pan with oil and add cloves, bayleaf, fennel, cumin and fry on medium heat for a minute.
- Add garlic, curry leaves, shallots, salt, green chilli and asafoetida. Saute for couple of minutes
- Add potatoes, cook for 2 to 3 minutes until softened.
- Pour the stock and bring it to boil.
- Add cauliflower and broccoli. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes
- Garnish with freshly cracked black pepper, chopped chilli, spring onion, tamarind paste and sunflower seeds.